Skip to main content top
::: Current Location: Home > Introduction > History of Taitung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station
font small  font large font print shared to FB

History of Taitung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station

2014-05-27

The precursor of the Taitung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station (TTDARES), the Taitung County Cattle Propagation Station, was established in 1928. After the Japanese occupation ended, it was renamed the Taitung County Agricultural Experiment Station. In November of 1950, the Prefectural Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station was restructured and had its name changed to the Taitung District Agricultural and Forestry Improvement Station of the Taiwan Provincial Government. In May of 1952, it was merged with the Taitung Tropical Agricultural Branch Laboratory of the Taiwan Provincial Agricultural and Forestry Laboratory, making its scope of work more comprehensive. On July 1, 1960, the name was changed to the Taitung District Agricultural Improvement Station of the Taiwan Provincial Government. In April of 1976, all livestock research and extension stations came under the control of the Taiwan Provincial Livestock Research Institute. In December of 1983, the Banchiu Work Station received approval to have its status changed to the Banchiu Branch Station and thus remain under the control of the TTDARES. On July 1, 1999, after the provincial system was expired, the TTDARES came under the direction of the Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan.

History of Taitung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station